Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's National Margarita Day!

So here's a fun fact:
The Drink is Named after a lady named Margarita. ---Who'da damn thunk it?!

The original Margarita was invented in 1948 by socialite (and obvious alcoholic) Margarita Sames. According to the legend it was during a party at her cliffside hacienda in Acapulco that Margarita began experimenting with “the drink”. Looking for something to cut the dust of a hot afternoon, she mixed Tequila Herradura, Cointreau and fresh lime juice. Her cocktail kept the party going for two weeks and today the Margarita is the #1 most popular cocktail in the U.S.

We will begin hosting a monthly soiree called Red Lipstick and Martini's (Margarita, same thing)---; it is a party we developed where we display sterling silver on art pieces I've painted. It is based around this theme I have where women can be women, short tall skinny not-so-skinny, successful, getting there, married, single, lesbian, downright confused or otherwise. I have these illustrations called Le Salon Rouge; they are my french harlots (please don't ask me why I just love french harlotry hehe)-----but they can be whoever you want them to be: They have their rollers in, they are smoking a cigarette, their hair might be a mess, they might be protesting for women's rights; who knows----but they are glamorous and beautiful. So I had five framed illustrations and we played some awesome games and some women won an original illustration:) Check out
the pics:) First, check out my very own Strawberry Margarita: I use sugar on the rim, OF COURSE---who the hell wants a salty mass in their mouth?
 
I'm about to go drink this....lol

 
Business cards with my Le Salon Rouge Ladies all over. Loves it. 



                  These are Le Salon Rouge Illustrations someone ordered after the party (available soon!)
 
This is one of the artpieces where the jewelry was displayed (look closely to see the jewelry lol)


                I made cupcakes that look like various women. The Asian ones were SOOO cute. LOL
 
Ahhh, the favors:) Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey loves! We appreciate any comments and feedback, it keeps us motivated! Just be nice:)

Our 2013 Catalog!