Friday, December 6, 2013

Sweet Friday: Remembering Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela #inspirational hero
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Most of the blog posts that we feature are wedding & events related, but Sweet Friday allows us to share our inspirations and thoughts outside the nuptial world. The legacy of Nelson Mandela has been the reigning topic of inspiration around the bloggersphere and it is only befitting to address how this man's strength has inspired me. I have to be honest, this post was a struggle to write. I just did not know how to articulate what I wanted to say. I mean what do you say about a man that you have never met before, but has contributed to your life in so many indirect ways.  My solution? To write a note to the one who was:

Dear Mr. Mandela,

You don't know me, but I know you very well.  I just wanted to thank you for your courage, determination, resilience, strength and faith.  Thank you for personifying freedom in the eyes of those who struggle to be set free.  Now knowing that true freedom is in the mindset of one who dares to dream. I've learned to be free to create, dream and innovate. That freedom is being able to let go and express yourself. You taught me how to love my neighbors as myself. To reach back and help those that are behind. To let our choices reflect our hopes and not our fears. That courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. You succeeded in what looked like the impossible to demonstrate what is possible. Your legacy will remain unforgettable.  Now your soul may finally rest in peace.


Sincerely,


One of your Students


~Stay Sweet

1 comment:

  1. Nice homage to a great man. Very true words about freedom, hope and courage. Simple, sincere and "sweet" post.

    ReplyDelete

Hey loves! We appreciate any comments and feedback, it keeps us motivated! Just be nice:)

Our 2013 Catalog!