Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spilled Milk Catering----Yum!!

So last night Spilled Milk Catering dropped by Nar's house in the city to give us a private tasting. When they initially contacted us we were like "heck yes, you can stop by and cook us up a tasty meal!" ---I mean, it took no coaxing whatsoever. I promise.

This company is on DC's list of great catering businesses, having been featured on Daily Candy, The Hotlist, Washington Life Magazine, and other reputable publications. They really push the envelope in terms of their presentation, and menu selections. Their mission is to do things differently---at one event, the servers wore tee-shirts with what they were serving on it, so the guests did not have to ask. Ca-yute!

Owner/Chef, Amit is a master of flavor, if I ever met one. (You too, husband.) Let me tell you; Nar and I are total food snobs. We have had some baaaaad food at weddings, so it will be exciting to work with Spilled Milk and rest assured that our clients will enjoy every bite.

The most impressive part of the evening is when I asked Amit that annoying social-lubricant of a question: "So what Culinary school did you go to?" I mean, I had to know. He was plating food like he went to Cordon Bleu or something. His answer "I used to work for Booze Allen. I left my job to pursue my dreams, I never went to school for this."How many people do you meet who just say to heck with it, and follow their dreams?  As a self-taught designer, I respected that. All I know is, the food was exceptional.

For a Freebie, here is an interview with the macho-man chef team, and a great recipe! Have fun!


Here are just a few of the delish menu options we savored: (And do NOT judge me by these horrid photos. I shoulda Instagrammed it.)


Rachel Osborn, Marketing Director for Spilled Milk, with Brownie +Lemon Meringue Treats.

Mustard Glazed Salmon with a Tomato Basil Beurre Blanc

Buffalo Chicken Wontons with a Blue Cheese Hot Sauce

Sundried Tomato Arancini with Fresh Basil Marinara

(Anna got caught on candid camera)

Mini Grilled Cheeses with Creamy Tomato Soup Shooters

Spicy Tuna served in Wonton Ice Cream Cones




Cornmeal Blinis served with Avocado Crema and Grilled Corn Salsa


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful update. I can reassure you that there food is the best in the business. I am definitely calling them again for any event/party I throw. If it was upto me I would have probably opened up a restaurant and have them cater there. Definitely give them a try, you will not be disappointed at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hey loves! We appreciate any comments and feedback, it keeps us motivated! Just be nice:)

Our 2013 Catalog!